Deadline: 12 July 2019
Applications are now open for Hrant Dink Foundation’s Empowering CSO’s Grant Program 2019-2021.
Within the framework of Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA) 2014-2020 and the supplement of the grant dedicated to civil society, the Civil Society Facility and Media Programme, European Union provided financial assistance to Hrant Dink Foundation with the goal of strengthening civil society in Turkey. An important pillar of the project, being conducted in collaboration with Olof Palme International Center and Istanbul Policy Center, is the Empowering CSO’s Grant Program.
With this grant program, Hrant Dink Foundation aims to provide financial support to projects focusing on the strengthening of human rights and democracy in Turkey, the protection of rights and liberties, and the promotion of conviviality among different ethnic, social and political groups through culture of dialogue, empathy and trust.
The overall objective of the Grant Scheme is to promote human rights and democracy to support non-governmental organizations and to strengthen a pluralistic and effective civil society to contribute.
- Human rights based advocacy for equal implementation of freedoms and rights studies,
- Studies supporting dialogue, mutual understanding and coexistence,
- Aims to combat discrimination and raise awareness on this issue activities such as activities, monitoring and documentation methods,
- Fighting inequalities based on gender, ethnicity, age, disability and identity minority, children, youth, disabled, women, LGBT, immigrants, refugees and so on. with groups studies,
- aiming at international cooperation between local and global NGOs studies,
- Rights-based awareness in urban, environmental, ecological and climate areas works towards upgrading,
- Culture, art, education, media, supporting diversity, equality and pluralism; creative studies in fields such as science and technology.
The maximum amount to be granted will be 120,000 EUR, and the minimum will be 40,000 EUR. Those organizations whose projects will be financed are expected to start their projects on November or December 2019, and the duration of the projects must be between 12-18 months.
- In order to apply for a grant, the applicant must:
- Having a non-profit legal entity,
- it is established in Turkey and operates,
- have been operating for at least 3 years.
- Although it has long experience and project experience, it is less than 3 years.
- Institutions with legal personality may also apply.
- Individual applications will not be accepted. More than one project as the same institution applicant but may be co-applicants of more than one project.
Who can apply:
- Non-profit cooperatives
- Universities (faculties, institutes, research centers)
How to apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit https://hrantdink.org/en/asulis-en/activities/projects/1925-call-for-applications-hrant-dink-foundation-empowering-cso-s-grant-program-2019-2021