Deadline: 15 December 2019
U.S. Embassy in Benin is seeking applications for its Humanitarian Assistance Program (HA), which is designed to offer friendly nations and allies of the United States support, basic humanitarian aid, and services to their populations in need.
Through this program, the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) seeks to help avert humanitarian crises, promote democratic development and regional stability, build local capacity, and enable countries to begin to recover from conflicts.
HA projects are managed by the DOD, and awards may be granted to governmental agencies, as well as non-governmental organizations and community groups to support DOD’s program objectives.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Projects eligible for the HA program fall into three major categories including, but not limited to:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Education: construction/expansion of schools/orphanages, and provision of furniture and supplies
- Health: construction/expansion of health clinics, provision of disease surveillance systems, education, prevention and training, medical support/supplies
- Basic Infrastructure: water wells/boreholes, water sanitation, waste treatment, solid waste management systems
Projects should not exceed $500,000.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Documentation required depends upon the project type but the following information is routinely requested and should be submitted with applicant’s packet in order to be more competitive.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Projects must benefit the Beninese civilian population.
- Activities that may be socially and politically controversial will be avoided.
- Projects should have a significant impact, benefiting the greatest number of people possible.
- Projects must be viable and sustainable in terms of finance, personnel support (i.e. teachers for schoolrooms; staff for health clinic) and necessary expertise and services.
- Projects must respect environmental norms and ensure that the proposed activity will not adversely affect protected or other sensitive environmental areas nor jeopardize threatened or endangered species and their habitat.
- HA construction must fall within the ability of the local community to maintain.
- All projects (e.g. construction of buildings, latrines, and wells, and donated equipment) become the property of the state.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the Statement of Interest form via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit http://bit.ly/2JC80pn