Deadline: 9 December 2016
The Ian Potter Foundation is seeking expression of interest (EOI) for its Grant program across a broad range of sectors and endeavors.
The Foundation’s mission is to maintain a tradition of encouraging excellence and enabling innovation to facilitate positive social change, and develop Australia’s creativity and capacity as a nation.
The Foundation is limited to providing money, property or benefits for public charitable purposes in the Commonwealth of Australia.
- Community Wellbeing
- Environment & Conservation
- Health & Disability
- A commitment to excellence
- The foundation supports organisations, programs and individuals who are outstanding in their field.
- A focus on prevention
- To maximise the value of grants, the foundation try to identify and support projects that address the causes of any problems rather than treat the symptoms. Supporting research is fundamental to this approach.
- Encourage innovation
- The foundation seeks to fund programs and projects that take a new approach to solving problems, especially those that can be evaluated and have potential for expansion and further development.
- Potential for leverage
- The foundation’s grants have greater impact when combined with support from other sources. These might include other trusts and foundations, government, business or volunteers. The foundation is happy to be one of a number of supporters of a program.
- Long-term thinking
- The foundation tries to fund projects that will continue to have an impact well beyond the period of their grant. The long term sustainability of the project is an important consideration.
- The foundation encourages collaborations and partnerships that facilitate combining knowledge and resources to achieve a shared goal.
Under the terms of the deed of The Ian Potter Foundation and Australian taxation laws, The Ian Potter Foundation can only make grants to organisations with BOTH Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) Item 1 and Tax Concession Charity (TCC) status.
How to Apply
EOIs must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: Australia
For more information, please visit Ian Potter Foundation.