The ICLEI Action Fund has launched an open call focused on environmental and climate action, with an emphasis on mobility, buildings, solar energy, air quality management, and climate resilience.
The call welcomes projects under the topic of environmental and climate action, with an emphasis on the following fields: sustainable mobility, sustainable and energy efficient buildings, solar energy development, climate adaptation and resilience, and air quality management. Projects should contribute to enhancing social and climate justice in the city of implementation.
- The ICLEI Action Fund aims to promote the development of projects that could leverage the use of data to drive local environmental and climate action.
- This Action Fund Call aims to identify and provide financial support (grants) to organizations able to implement projects that use and apply environmental, climate or other sustainability related data to promote environmental and climate mitigation and adaptation actions on a local level.
- T his call will provide financial support of up to 1,000,000 EUR to projects that use data from private and public sources, including the Google Environmental Insights Explorer (EIE), to foster inclusive environmental and climate action at the local level.
- Projects should focus on non-profit, charitable or educational purposes.
Duration: The duration of the proposed project should be between 18 and 24 months.
- Design Stage : You have a new project idea that you would like to develop based on existing project experiences or initiatives, that responds to your organization’s strategic goals and is aligned with the objectives of this call.
- Planning stage : Your project’s goals are defined and developed into a specific and workable plan ready to be carried out.
- Implementation stage: You have an ongoing project aligned with the objectives of this call. You are coordinating project work, people and resources, and resolving conflicts and issues.
- Sustainable and Energy Efficient Buildings: projects that reduce energy consumption and promote energy efficiency in public, private, commercial or industrial buildings.
- Solar Energy Development: Projects fostering the use and development of solar energy on a local level.
- Climate adaptation and resilience: Projects that help cities and citizens to adapt to the effects of climate change and enhance local climate resilience.
- Air Quality Management: Projects aimed at supporting the management and improvement of local air quality, for example: air quality monitoring, air pollution awareness, air pollution monitoring and prediction, indoor air pollution management.
- Projects which fall under the category of environmental and climate action
- Civil society1 organisations, academic institutions and non-profit research institutes, are invited to participate and develop innovative projects.
- Organizations implementing projects in the following cities are eligible to apply: