Deadline: 5 April 2019
International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ICNL) has announced a call for proposals 2019 Public Awareness/Advocacy Grants program to increase use of the work of the UN Special Rapporteur on the rights to freedom of peaceful assembly and of association (UNSR) in civic space awareness raising and advocacy campaigns at the national and sub-national levels.
ICNL is inviting proposals from applicants who would like to develop and implement advocacy and/or public awareness campaigns designed to promote and protect the freedoms of assembly and association based on the UNSR’s latest annual report to the General Assembly, which addresses the connection of the rights to freedom of peaceful assembly and of association and the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
ICNL is particularly interested in:
- Proposals that rely on the thematic report as the basis for advocacy and informational tools for national or sub-national use.
- Proposals that use the thematic report to advocate for civil society’s participation in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
- Proposals that include outreach to marginalized and at-risk groups, as well as labor and environmental organizations.
- Proposals that use the thematic report to counter efforts by state and nonstate actors to stigmatize civil society.
Grant amounts are not fixed, but successful grant applications may range up to $20,000.
This call is open to domestic civil society organizations and academic institutions located in countries currently listed on the DAC List of ODA recipient countries and working at the national or sub-national level.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following factors:
- Compliance with eligibility requirements and application procedures;
- Quality of proposal, including innovation, methodology, feasibility, and likelihood of success;
- Diversity of selected proposals with weight given especially to linguistic, geographic, and gender diversity;
- Proposed budget and apparent value for cost;
- Demonstrated experience and expertise related to the issues and activities proposed;
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise responsible stewardship of received funds.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.icnl.org/programs/global/fellowship/Call%20for%20Proposals%20UNSR%20FoAA%20FEB%2020%202019%20vf.pdf