Deadline: 10 May 2020
Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF) and Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) have launched “In Solidarity Against Covid-19” Ideation Challenge.
With the emergence of the Novel Coronavirus, the world is going through a tough time creating new challenges for all. Everyone around the world is trying to adapt to new norms in their own way as they work together to protect themselves and their communities from Covid-19. As the pandemic will change the world forever, ICYF aims to collect the best experiences, actions, and responses put forward by individuals and communities during the outbreak.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The challenge will be held in three categories. Participants can apply one or all categories at the same time.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- What are you as an individual or your community doing to tackle the problems arising from the Covid-19?
- What are some of the lessons you’ve learned from living in the pandemic?
- What do you expect in the Post-Corona world?
- (i.e. Social Status, Governments, Politics, Entrepreneurship, Technology etc.)
How to Join the Challenge?
- Step 1: Choose a category question.
- Step 2: Film yourself answering the question in one-minute long video. Explain and elaborate your answers with key points and details.
- Step 3: Submit your application
Video Submission Guidelines
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Presentation: Position yourself and focus the video camera such way it records you at approximately waist level; no more, no less. will crop it as necessary.
- Delivery: Speak clearly, adequate volume (not shouting, but strong voice), and make good eye contact with the camera. (Note: Record for at least 5 seconds – looking into the camera – before and after you speak. Video length can be 70 seconds including 5 seconds records before and after video)
- Filming: Video should be shot against a single-color background if possible. (Note: Record a few tests to ensure adequate lighting.)
- General Video Criteria: Highly recommended to record in high-definition video (1920 x 1080) in horizontal; almost all smart phones and tablets can film in 1080p, just make sure it’s set to shoot video at 1080p. Videos can only be submitted in the following formats: .MP4, .MPEG, .AVI or .MOV
The best submission of each category will be awarded with iPad mini Wi‑Fi 64GB. The Jury will evaluate and select the best submissions.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Conditions of Participation & Rules
- Anyone aged 16 – 40 from the OIC countries or Muslim minorities from Non-OIC countries.
- Participants can apply in all three categories at once but they will need to fill a new application form for each category.
- Language of Video: English
- By participating in this challenge, participants are deemed to have acknowledged that the videos submitted to the challenge may be used on Social Media and other media platforms
- You grant the organizers the right to change or edit your video for editorial reasons specifically but not limited to the creation of a new materials combining your video with those of other materials.
- Top 5 videos of each category selected by the jury will be turned into illustration by the organizers. Participants might be contacted for more information and detail.
- Irrelevant contents that are not in line with categories will be dismissed.
For more information, visit https://www.icyforum.org/covid19/
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.