Deadline: 10 May 2020
Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF) and Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) have launched “In Solidarity Against Covid-19” Ideation Challenge.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
With the emergence of the Novel Coronavirus, the world is going through a tough time creating new challenges for all. Everyone around the world is trying to adapt to new norms in their own way as they work together to protect themselves and their communities from Covid-19. As the pandemic will change the world forever, ICYF aims to collect the best experiences, actions, and responses put forward by individuals and communities during the outbreak.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The challenge will be held in three categories. Participants can apply one or all categories at the same time.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- What are you as an individual or your community doing to tackle the problems arising from the Covid-19?
- What are some of the lessons you’ve learned from living in the pandemic?
- What do you expect in the Post-Corona world?
- (i.e. Social Status, Governments, Politics, Entrepreneurship, Technology etc.)
How to Join the Challenge?
- Step 1: Choose a category question.
- Step 2: Film yourself answering the question in one-minute long video. Explain and elaborate your answers with key points and details.
- Step 3: Submit your application
Video Submission Guidelines
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Presentation: Position yourself and focus the video camera such way it records you at approximately waist level; no more, no less. will crop it as necessary.
- Delivery: Speak clearly, adequate volume (not shouting, but strong voice), and make good eye contact with the camera. (Note: Record for at least 5 seconds – looking into the camera – before and after you speak. Video length can be 70 seconds including 5 seconds records before and after video)
- Filming: Video should be shot against a single-color background if possible. (Note: Record a few tests to ensure adequate lighting.)
- General Video Criteria: Highly recommended to record in high-definition video (1920 x 1080) in horizontal; almost all smart phones and tablets can film in 1080p, just make sure it’s set to shoot video at 1080p. Videos can only be submitted in the following formats: .MP4, .MPEG, .AVI or .MOV
The best submission of each category will be awarded with iPad mini Wi‑Fi 64GB. The Jury will evaluate and select the best submissions.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Conditions of Participation & Rules
- Anyone aged 16 – 40 from the OIC countries or Muslim minorities from Non-OIC countries.
- Participants can apply in all three categories at once but they will need to fill a new application form for each category.
- Language of Video: English
- By participating in this challenge, participants are deemed to have acknowledged that the videos submitted to the challenge may be used on Social Media and other media platforms
- You grant the organizers the right to change or edit your video for editorial reasons specifically but not limited to the creation of a new materials combining your video with those of other materials.
- Top 5 videos of each category selected by the jury will be turned into illustration by the organizers. Participants might be contacted for more information and detail.
- Irrelevant contents that are not in line with categories will be dismissed.
For more information, visit https://www.icyforum.org/covid19/
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.