Deadline: 21 May 2017
Applications are open for “Interfaith Dialogue on Violent Extremism (iDove)” developed and implemented by the African Union Commission’s Citizens and Diaspora Directorate (CIDO) and Deutsche Gesellschaft für International Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
Aiming at an innovative and youthful approach by drawing on the soft power of religion and intercultural dialogue, iDove succeeded in starting a unique counter-movement against violent extremism based on the iDove principles of employing cutting-edge (technological) approaches, advocating values of tolerance, mutual respect and better understanding centred on intra- and interfaith and intercultural dialogue, promoting youth ownership and gender equality, thinking outside the activism bubble, and regional networking.
Grant of up to 5,000 Euros per project will be provided.
- Only organisations officially registered with the authorities of a country in Africa and Europe can apply for funding. Registration documents must be provided. Please be aware that each organisation who will receive funding has to invest a certain amount of effort into book keeping and accounting. Some experience in this regard will be favourable.
- The person in charge of the project within the lead organisation must be 20 to 35 years old.
- The form must be thoroughly filled out. In addition, a 1-minute video showcasing the project idea must be submitted.
- Each organisation can submit up to two project proposals in different categories.
- iDove supports innovative project ideas with a contribution of 1,000 to 5,000 Euro. Implementing organisations, therefore, can only apply for a grant within these boundaries.
- The implementation of the projects must be feasible within the time frame of 1-8 months until the end of December 2017. First results need to be presentable in October 2017.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
- Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Europe: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom (UK), Vatican City (Holy See).
For more information, visit https://au.int/web/en/webforms/idove-call-project-proposals