Deadline: 23 May 2017
The Canada’s International Development Research Centre (IDRC) is pleased to announce a call for implementation research proposals to contribute to national and regional efforts to improve health systems responsiveness in West Africa (WA).
- Health Information Systems (HIS)
- Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH)
- Generate and promote application of an evidence base through support to a cohort of implementation research projects focusing on either HIS or ASRH in West Africa.
- Ensure adoption of a gender and rights approach, and clear consideration of equity dimensions and economic value propositions in each implementation research project.
- Strengthen the research and leadership capacities of research project team members, particularly of youth and women, to conduct research and use effective Knowledge Translation (KT) strategies to influence policies and practices.
- Support ongoing exchange and engagement with relevant stakeholders in country and regional contexts to strengthen an enabling environment for policy discourse, development and implementation.
- Budget: Between CA$250,000–750,000
- Duration: 36-48 months
- Organizations eligible to apply are those considered to have legal corporate registration in an eligible country to receive funds and to operate in the country. To be eligible, the following set of criteria will be applied to the organization or the consortium (with a lead organization identified):
- Organization must be a non-partisan, not-for profit organization legally founded and registered as an independent entity in the country of operation
- Organization must not be a United Nations agency as either the lead organization or as a direct recipient of funds from IDRC
- International organizations can apply if they can clearly demonstrate local ownership and leadership
- If local capacity is weak or missing, international organizations may be considered to take the lead. In such cases, the proposal must include key stakeholders from the country who will be involved in the design and implementation of the work. The proposal must demonstrate a significant contribution to local capacity strengthening.
- The proposal must focus on at least one of the member states of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). Proposals focusing on multi-country research in ECOWAS countries will be accepted. Projects could include countries from other regions as long as the majority of the activities occur in the ECOWAS countries and significant contribution to the West Africa region is demonstrated.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit IDRC Call for Proposals.