On behalf of INNOMED-UP project, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) launches sub-grants awarding Cultural and Creative Industries (CCIs) SMEs promoting a network of innovation through Circular Economy.
- The objective of this call for award proposals is to:
- Innovative pilot products: For the production of selected innovative products, an award will be granted to selected Cultural and Creative Industries (CCI) SMEs. The total amount of the reward will be 5,000 euros for the production of each product.
- Innovation Vouchers : The awards will enable the participating PDP SMEs to develop activities at a transnational cross-border level through the INNOMED-UP project (2BEN, 2PP2, 2PP3, 6PP4, 3PP5, 15PP6). An innovation project is defined as one that conveys knowledge of a scientific, technological or innovative nature that is new to SMEs. The new knowledge will be used by the SMEs of the PDOs to implement new business tools (hardware and software) in favor of the innovation of the SMEs of the PDOs in the context of the circular economy
- Cross-border Mentorship Schemes: Access to cross-border mentoring is crucial for the development and innovation of SMEs in the Mediterranean and, consequently, for the economic success of Mediterranean cities. INNOMED-UP plans to support existing PDP SMEs or spin-offs and st art-ups that will emerge from the project to establish cross-border mentoring programs. Among other objectives, the mentoring programs will help SMEs to upgrade their capacity to innovate and attract foreign funding.
More specifically, cash prizes will be awarded for:
- Pilot innovative products
- Cross- border mentoring programs
- The total amount available for the action amounts to €30,000.00 of which €10,000.00 will be allocated for pilot products, €10,000.00 for innovation awards and €10,000.00 for cross-border mentoring programs.
- The amount of prizes ranges from €2,000.00 to €5,000.00 in accordance with the proper documentation in the detailed invitation.
- Each award under this call for proposals must be between the following amounts:
- Minimum amount: (2000 euros)
- Max imum amount: (5000 euros)
Types of activities
- Innovative pilot products
- Production of new innovative circular and collaborative products
- Design of new innovative circular and collaborative services
- Innovation Awards: Purchase of new equipment or software and business tools to strengthen it circular production
- Cross-border mentoring program
- Adoption & integration of circular practices in the production line through specialized innovative equipment
- Acquisition of new scientific technological and innovative knowledge that could be transnational or cross-border
- Industrial research.
- Experimental development in high-tech systems
- Participation in collaborative schemes with third-party institutions for the integration of high-tech technology and innovation in the circular economy.
- Marketing plan, business plan, and copyright acquisition costs.
- To be eligible for an award, the Principal Applicant must:
- Be a legal entity or a natural person and
- To be based in Athens
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s), without acting as intermediary [and]
- Co-applicants participate in the planning and implementation of the action and the costs incurred are eligible in the same way as the costs incurred by the main applicant.
- Co-applicants must meet the eligibility criteria applicable to the main applicant.
- Co-applicants must sign the mandate on the award application form.
- In the event that the award is granted, the co-applicant(s) (if any) become a co-awardee(s) in the action.
- The action s must take place in Athens.
For more information, visit https://www.enicbcmed.eu/greece-innomed-launches-sub-grants-supporting-circularity-and-innovation-through-creative-industry