Deadline: 19 February 2019
The Innovation Fund Denmark (IFD) has announced “2019 Better Health” under its program “Grand Solutions” to invest in knowledge-based and cross-disciplinary solutions for Danish society, paving the way for unprecedented societal and market opportunities.
The Grand Solutions call, IFD addresses cross-disciplinary issues, challenges and needs, nationally as well as internationally, where research and innovation is the value-creating element for Denmark, through the development of solutions to Danish societal challenges, which – in the short or longer term – will create growth and employment in Denmark.
- With the Better Health call, IFD invests in strategic research projects and innovative solutions, which have a clearly defined aim and expected impact. It is important that the aims are clearly defined, and the path to the goal is substantiated, for example that the project group comprises the necessary competences. The solutions must have considerable societal or market potential – short or long term. It is not a prerequisite that the project leads to a commercial product but it is a requirement that knowledge created in the project creates value by bringing the project forward in well-defined and value-creating steps towards new solutions.
- IFD will always prioritise investing in excellent knowledge-based innovation projects providing solutions of the highest quality, regardless of subject and specific field.
- The main assessment criteria are:
- Quality of science, research and innovation
- Value creation during and after the project period
- Efficiency of project execution
- Implementation of results
- For applications for Grand Solutions 2019 Better Health, value creation is broadly defined as targeted activities leading to increased growth and employment through for example developing new products and services, creating more and value-creating jobs, increasing productivity, lowering social costs, reducing resource consumption or reducing climate and/or environmental impact and solving significant societal issues.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://innovationsfonden.dk/en/programmes/grand-solutions/better-health