Deadline: 8 April 2017
The Internews is currently inviting Afghan-based research organizations for conducting a study on the usage/consumption and perceptions as well as engagement, with online and social media in Afghanistan.
Internews, under Afghan Civil Engagement Program (ACEP), wishes to commission a research study to gain better understanding of social media usage and perceptions, its impact and influence on citizens and government, and potential for advocacy.
The goal of ACEP is to promote civil society and media engagement that enables Afghan citizens to influence policy, monitor government accountability, and serve as advocates for political reform. The program aims to achieve this goal through five program areas:
- Regular CSO engagement with government;
- Increased CSO and media thematic expertise in democracy and governance;
- Expanded civic engagement;
- Improved access to independent news and public affairs information; and
- Increased CSO organizational capacity
Total funding available: USD 100,000.00
- This RFP is open to any research company or organization with a track record of conducting successful media research in Afghanistan.
- Afghan owned and managed research company or organization.
- Kabul-based, independent and registered in Afghanistan; license should be valid.
- In good standing in performance and reporting under previous awards from Internews, USAID or any other organization, as applicable.
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting all reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Valid/Updated License.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Afghanistan
For more information, please visit Request for Proposals.