Deadline: 6 February 2017
Ukrainian media projects (Media), performed by an international NGO Internews supported by the US Agency for International Development (USAID), is seeking proposals for its small grants competition “Promoting Freedom of Expression and Strengthening Independent Media in Ukraine”.
The competition provides a unique and life-support projects, especially those aimed at the south and east of Ukraine.
Internews supports projects that meet the following objectives:
- Support and promote freedom of expression and media independence.
- Increase the diversity of news sources and news.
- Improving the enabling environment for media and freedom of speech.
Project proposals must meet at least one of the following priorities and clearly aimed at their implementation:
- Production of content: Production and distribution of media materials of all types of regional media (television, radio, print media and the Internet) to provide high-quality, unbiased information on socially important topics.
- Informing the public about the progress of reforms: Regional communications campaigns / initiatives to increase awareness about key reforms in Ukraine, along with the general reforms in areas such as combating corruption, health, education, government decentralization, EU integration, and other reforms. “In-Media” recommends media groups with content production experts work with councils to create explanatory information materials that will increase public awareness about real reforms in Ukraine at the national and regional levels.
- Media literacy: The local innovative projects to improve critical thinking and conscious perception of media materials for different audiences; public lectures, media discussion, videos, interviews and informational seminars on current media issues, especially important in light of the information war that is waged against Ukraine.
- The transparency of media ownership: Regional Projects “Learn all about the local media”; disclosure of the media owners; promotion of Ukrainian independent media; expert public debate on the impact of media owners on editorial policy.
- Journalism tolerance: Production content of the LGBT community, minorities, ethnic relations and other topics that promote awareness of equal rights and tolerance in society and the promotion of human values.
- Gender issues: Production of other types of content and projects that contribute to-
The average budget of the grants range from 5,000 to 10,000 US dollars for a period of 6 months.
The competition of small grants can participate officially registered in Ukraine media companies and organizations.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Ukraine
For more information, please visit Internews/USAID Small Grants.