Deadline: 5 September 2016
The Interreg IPA II Cross-border Cooperation Programme “Greece –Albania 2014-2020” is a cross border co-operation Programme co-financed by the European Union under the Instrument for Preaccession Assistance II (IPA II).
The Instrument for Pre–accession Assistance for the period from 2014 to 2020 (‘IPA II’) shall support the beneficiaries in adopting and implementing the political, institutional, legal, administrative, social and economic reforms required by those beneficiaries in order to comply with the Union’s values and to progressively align to the Union’s rules, standards, policies and practices, with a view to Union membership. Through such support, IPA II shall contribute to stability, security and prosperity in the beneficiaries listed.
The programme will be implemented via following thematic priorities:
- Promoting sustainable transport, information and communication
- networks and services and investing in cross-border water, waste and energy systems and facilities
- Protecting the environment & promoting climate change adaptation & mitigation, risk prevention & management
- Encouraging tourism and cultural and natural heritage
- Enhancing competitiveness, the business environment and the development of small and medium-sized enterprises, trade and investment through, inter alia, promotion and support to entrepreneurship, in particular small and medium-sized enterprises, and development of local cross-border markets and internationalization
The Programme’s budget allocated for the period 2014-2020 is 42.312.029,00€.
- Project proposals must include at least one beneficiary from the Programme area of each country participating in the Programme. For Albania, an organization from central government may be considered as beneficiary from the programme area according to its competences.
- All beneficiaries should be entitled to implement the project activities.
- All projects shall be developed and managed according to the Lead Partner Principle. Beneficiaries shall appoint a Lead beneficiary among themselves that shall assume responsibilities according to the Lead Partner principle. The Lead beneficiary will represent the entire partnership towards the Managing Authority/Joint Secretariat and will ensure the sound implementation of the entire project.
How to Apply
All application documents must be submitted via email.
For more information, please visit Greece–Albania 2014-2020.