Deadline: 18 January 2019
Nominations are open for IOC Women and Sport Awards which are given to women, men or organisations who have made remarkable contributions to the development, encouragement and reinforcement of women’s participation in sport.
The IOC Women and Sport trophies are awarded annually to promote the advancement of gender equality in sport. They recognise outstanding achievement and contributions made to develop, encourage and strengthen the participation of women and girls at all levels in the sports world in order to close the gender gap.
Introduced in 2000, the award highlights role models and change agents in the pursuit of gender equality. Six trophies are distributed each year, one for each of the five continents and one at world level.
The winners’ work to promote gender equality through different projects is also supported with a grant to help them continue and extend their work.
Six (6) Trophies are awarded each year as follows:
- One at the world level
- One each for Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and Oceania
The IOC Women and Sport Award may be awarded to:
- an individual (man or woman), such as:
- a retired athlete (a “retired athlete” is an athlete no longer involved in elite competitive sport)
- an administrator
- a coach
- a journalist, writer
- a sponsor
- an academic
- an institution, such as:
- a National Olympic Committee
- an International Federation
- a National Federation
- a Continental Association
- a sport club
- In recognition of outstanding contribution to promote the advancement of gender equality, such as:
- The participation of women and girls in sport and physical activities.
- Educating or raising awareness on gender issues.
- Creating an inclusive culture by challenging gender inequality in their organization.
- The coaching of women and girls in sport and physical activity.
- Supporting and coaching of women in administrative and leadership sports structures.
- Fostering the inclusion of women in sport in the media.
- Acting as a role model and championing gender equality.
Note: An active athlete, a team, an IOC Member and IOC Women in Sport Commission Members will NOT
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2FJ0TaF