Deadline: 17 October 2016
The Iraq Foundation (IF) is seeking proposals for “Al-Rasid” project that aims at supporting the National Strategy and National Action Plan (NAP) and the Emergency National Action Plan (E-NAP) on UN Security Council Resolution 1325 (Women, Peace and Security) and holistically addressing GBV in Iraq.
The project targets national and provincial stakeholders, women victims of violence, including women displaced as the result of conflict, community members, and Iraqi society at large.
Al-Rasid worked with NGOs partners in five provinces within the scope of the NAP through forming two civil society groups: a National Task Force (NTF) expanding an existing network of Provincial Task Forces (PTFs) established during IF’s Peaceful Empowerment, Advocacy, and Cooperation to End Violence (PEACE) project to evaluate government implementation of the NAP.
The Iraq Foundation (IF) is a non-profit 501(c) 3 organization and a registered CSO in Iraq. Established in 1991, its mission is to promote democracy, human rights, and civil society in Iraq. IF is an Iraqi-founded and Iraqi-led organization that is also independent, non-partisan, and espouses the principle of pluralism.
- Create a mechanism for the monitoring and evaluation of government implementation of the National Action Plan on UNSCR 1325 and generate support from all relevant actors
- Build the capacity of national and local actors to implement the NAP and address GBV
- Raise awareness and advocate for increased protections for victims of GBV and access to justice issues, including among boys and men
- Have extensive experience in conducting evaluations in Iraq.
- Academic degrees in a relevant field.
- Knowledgeable in research methods, particularly on mixed-methods and participatory research
- Skilled in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience evaluating international development projects and familiarity with different donors development polices (or those of other likeminded donors).
- Have excellent Arabic & English writing and speaking ability
- Professional experience in the area of democracy and human rights, preferably experience of evaluations of Women, Peace and Security projects.
- Able to communicate complex research, statistics, and data analysis issues orally and in writing in a clear, concise and well organized manner.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Iraq Foundation.