- Your organization has a project or program model that addresses youth mental health and/or psychosocial support. Youth Excel funding will enable you to implement this program and conduct research and learning activities as you implement to make your program better.
- Your organization is currently implementing a project or program that addresses youth mental health and psychosocial support from another donor. Youth Excel funding will enable you to add research and learning activities to your existing program to make the program better.
- Amount: USD $25,000 – $75,000. Applicants can propose the amount required for project implementation within this range. Cost share is not required.
- Start: October/November 2021
- Length: 6 – 12 months. Applicants can propose the time required for project implementation within this range.
- Local youth-led and youth-serving organizations who meet the minimum criteria and share Youth Excel’s objectives are eligible to apply.
- Organizations led by or serving marginalized groups, which may include age, gender, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and other identities, are encouraged to apply. The grant competition is not restricted to certain technical sectors or to research organizations.
- Eligible countries: Eswatini, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
For more information, visit https://www.irex.org/program/seeking-concept-notes-strengthening-youths-mental-health-east-africa-and-southern-africa