Deadline: 19 July 2019
The International Renaissance Foundation (IRF) has announced a competition entitled “Support for Anticorruption Initiatives at the Regional and Local Levels”.
The purpose of the competition is to strengthen the tools of control over the actions of the authorities at the local or regional level, to create and disseminate methods and practices to increase the capacity of the public in combating corruption, to provide citizens with objective information on corruption cases at the local/regional level.
- The total budget of the contest is UAH 2,100,000.
- The maximum grant size is UAH 300,000 (the optimal project budget is 180,000 – 250,000 hryvnias).
- The estimated date for announcing the results of the contest is September 5, 2019.
- The term of projects implementation is up to 12 months.
- Estimated start date for supported projects – October 1, 2019.
Application at the local / regional level of anti-corruption instruments, as well as openness, transparency and accountability mechanisms of public authorities in the following areas (the list below is not exhaustive) :
- efficiency of using state and communal property, local budgets;
- activity of communal enterprises and institutions;
- use of natural resources;
- corruption schemes in the field of land relations, etc.
- Participants of the competition are public organizations, public unions, charitable organizations, mass media and bodies of self-organization of the population, which have:
- Non-profit status and officially registered in Ukraine;
- at least annual experience of organizations or project implementers in practical work in the field of combating corruption;
- Ability to implement and report on grant projects (including financial reporting).
- Project proposals should include activities carried out solely at the local / regional level, and extend to a specific area, district, territorial community, or a separate populated area or smaller parts thereof.
- The project proposal should include:
- Clear criteria for selecting and justifying the scope of the project;
- Algorithm for challenging violations in accordance with the current legislation, in case of their detection;
- A detailed plan of media support for the project;
- Summary of key project implementers.
How to Apply
Applicants should register themselves through the “Electronic Competition” service via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.irf.ua/grants/contests/anticorr_local_2019/