Deadline: 1 April 2019
The International Society for Infectious Diseases is seeking applications for its Research Grants program to support the professional development of young investigators working in the field of human infectious diseases by funding pilot research projects to be carried out over the course of a year at the applicant’s institution.
ISID’s research grants are one of the Society’s signature programs and are instrumental in fulfilling ISID’s commitment to funding researchers from countries which bear the greatest burden of infectious disease. To date over 175 grants have been awarded to infectious diseases researchers from 46 countries.
Areas of interest
- Investigations of the epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis of infectious diseases
- The epidemiology and control of healthcare-acquired infections
- Modelling of cost effective interventions
- The implementation of Infection control measures in low and lower-middle income countries
- Antimicrobial resistance (AMR)
Up to eight grants of up to US$7,000 each will be awarded annually.
ISID’s research grant applications are open to researchers who live and work in low or lower-middle income countries who are less than forty years of age, and who have not previously had the opportunity to work or study outside of their region, or received major research funding including ISID grants.
How to Apply
- Application requirements include:
- Research plan for project related to human infectious diseases – five pages, including background, methods, limitations and references
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae
- Letter of reference from applicant’s institution
- Applications must be submitted online via given website
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo DR, Congo-Brazzaville, Cote d Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste (East Timor), Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
For more information, please visit https://www.isid.org/research/#