Deadline: 2 April 2019
Express yourself!, the IWMF initiative in Latin America seeks to support the production of high quality journalism by and about women and people from LGBTIQ + communities in El Salvador. In this framework, express yourself! will launch a 12-month professional development program for journalists in El Salvador, with an emphasis on the rights of women and LGBTIQ + communities.
The IWMF will select 15 journalists from each country to participate in the initiative. This opportunity will be open for women journalists, men, trans, non-binary people, and +. At least 50% of the participants will be people who identify themselves as women. The opportunity is open for independent journalists and journalists working in the media. Special attention will be given to journalists who are committed to replicating and sharing their learning and tools with other journalists.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- All participants’ costs will be paid by the IWMF, including transportation, food and lodging. The program Express yourself! It will be carried out in a period of 12 months, starting in 2019, with a duration of two to three days per module.
- The selected participants will receive training to work in hostile environments and first aid for emergencies from July 23 to 27, 2019.
- Participants will receive training and support from experts in media and human rights, with a focus on issues related to sexual orientation and gender identity. This will include a series of workshops, community forums and physical and digital security training. The workshops and community forums will bring together feminist and LGBTIQ + networks together with journalists to promote lines of communication, understanding and greater respect for equal rights.
- In addition, the program will promote the realization of journalistic projects with the accompaniment of tutors. These projects will link international journalists specialized in these issues with journalists from the country committed to the advancement of social justice and equality.
- The current media landscape and its coverage of the problems of women and LGBTIQ + communities
- The language to be used, including appropriate definitions and terminology and good practices
- An analysis of privileges and prejudices How to examine ourselves to ensure that they do not affect our coverage?
- Human rights from the perspective of gender and the mechanisms of international law that guarantee them.
- Regional analysis: What are the rights of women and LGBTIQ + communities in other Latin American countries?
- Religion and beliefs: its influence on society. Approaches for the coverage of the rights of women and LGBTIQ + communities
- Diversity and indigenous peoples
- Physical and digital security for coverage
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Requirements to apply:
- Have a minimum of two years of experience in journalism
- Show that applicants have published research and reports in the last two years
- Send two job references
- In case of working for a medium, submit a letter of authorization authorization to participate in the training and activities of the program signed by the media.
- Be a native of El Salvador. The exceptions will be reviewed by case.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2VQ7uan
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.