The James N Kirby Foundation is seeking applications for Small Grants.
- The following four categories, seeking to support organisations and programs whose work benefits:
- They will no longer accept on-line applications for funding in excess of $15,000.
- Funds can only be applied specifically for the purpose as outlined in the original application. If not, the funds must be returned immediately.
- With a few exceptions, their Foundation does not provide multi-year funding or make grants that constitute the sole funding of an initiative.
- They fund specific projects and may allow a small proportion of administration costs in any project on a selective basis.
- They do not consider applications for grants of less than $3,000 or more than $15,000 within a 12 month period other than those who are invited to put forward a large grant.
- Recipients are required to provide an acquittal report at the end of the project.
- The James N Kirby Foundation makes distributions within Australia only, with priority given to organisations in NSW or, in some cases, to national level programs whose work primarily benefits NSW.
- All grant applicants are to complete and submit the application form enclosed on this website. In addition to the application form the following two items must be included:
- A covering letter of no more than 1 x A4 pages that must be on the letterhead of the entity endorsed as the DGR and must be signed by a Director, CEO or responsible person of the DGR. It should detail any previous grant history with the James N Kirby Foundation, and also include a list of the names and qualifications of your organisation’s Chair, Directors, CEO or Department Head.
- On no more than 1 x A4 page, a total breakdown of the budget of the project and how you will be meeting those costs. In addition, please advise if you are seeking funding as a one-off cost or will it continue past the funding period, and if it is to continue, how will you secure future funding.
For more information, visit https://www.kirbyfoundation.com.au/eligibility-criteria/how-to-apply/