Deadline: Ongoing Opportunity
What is the focus of the fund?
- Individuals who reside in the Lydiate area and who are entering or continuing with higher education or training, which also includes vocational training.
- Individuals who are substantial carers for another individual.
- Individuals who consider themselves disadvantaged, due to disabilities or physical/ mental health issues, and who reside in the Lydiate area.
- Voluntary/community groups undertaking projects that benefit Lydiate and its residents and local groups providing education and training to those classed as NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training).
- £1,000 to individuals, £250 for carers, £500 to those who are disadvantaged and groups providing education and training can apply for up to £1,000 providing no more than £250 is allocated to each beneficiary and other groups can apply for up to £500
What can be Funded?
- Examples of what can be funded
- Respite activities and any costs associated with ensuring those cared for are supported during respite activities (where possible activities should occur within Lydiate or surrounding area)
- Bus passes and travel expenses for carers
- Support towards any additional costs of living incurred as a direct result of being a carer.
- Disabled Residents
- Small home improvements
- Travel to community activities and facilities
- Activities that support the establishment and development of local community groups aimed at supporting those facing disadvantages
- Items or activities which clearly demonstrate the alleviation of disadvantages faced due to disabilities or physical/ mental health issues.
- Voluntary or Community group
- Equipment for local groups
- Environmental improvements in the local area
- Local community events
- Items or activities which clearly demonstrate the advancement of further education or training
- Cost towards relevant accreditations
- The John Goore Fund has been set up to provide support to local residents of Lydiate.
- Which areas are covered: Lydiate only
For more information, visit https://cfmerseyside.org.uk/funds/john-goore