The John Templeton Foundation is offering grants to invest in bold ideas from contrarian thinkers — ideas that cross disciplinary boundaries and challenge conventional assumptions.
They fund innovative programs that engage the public with these ideas, in an effort to open minds, deepen understanding, and inspire curiosity.
The John Templeton Foundation funds research and catalyzes conversations that inspire people with awe and wonder. Foundation’s funding areas define its philanthropic priorities and advance its aspiration to become a global catalyst for discoveries that contribute to human flourishing. The Foundations welcomes grant applications to support field-leading research and high-impact public engagement programs in these areas.
- Character Virtue Development
- The Character Virtue Development funding area supports research and catalyzes conversations that seek to advance the science and practice of character, with a focus on moral, performance, civic, and intellectual virtues such as humility, gratitude, curiosity, diligence, and honesty.
- Culture & Global Perspectives
- The Culture and Global Perspectives funding area supports work that seeks to better understand the role of culture in the lives, how the cultures change, and the ways in which religions, values, customs, and institutions might help address global challenges.
- Life Sciences
- The Life Sciences funding area supports projects that seek novel and fundamental insights into the meaning and significance of life processes, by which Foundation can better understand humanity’s place within nature.
- Mathematical & Physical Sciences
- In the Mathematical and Physical Sciences funding area, they support research seeking to shed light on the fundamental concepts of physical reality. The Foundation also explore the interplay between these sciences and broader human experience.
- Human Sciences
- The Human Sciences funding area seeks to fund research in response to big questions about human nature, religion and spirituality, flourishing, and other fundamental aspects of human experience.
- Public Engagement
- The Public Engagement funding area supports content projects that include video, audio, public events, and print media. In addition, they seek proposals that support the next generation of thought leaders, generate durable courses and programming at leading universities.
- Philosophy & Theology
- The Philosophy & Theology funding area supports research and catalyzes conversations that promise to build on wisdom contained within the world’s philosophical and theological traditions, in order to enhance the understanding of the world and how to live well within it.
- Individual Freedom & Free Markets
- The Individual Freedom & Free Markets funding area supports education, research, and outreach projects to promote individual freedom, free markets, free competition, and entrepreneurship.
John Templeton Foundation funds charitable entities that operate inside and outside of the United States. On rare occasions, foundation may fund individuals and for-profit companies doing charitable work that is consistent with the tax-exempt status.
For more information, visit John Templeton Foundation.