Deadline: 20 October 2019
The Stigler centre is currently inviting applications for its Journalists in Residence program that provides a transformative learning experience for up-and-coming journalists from around the world, working in all forms of media.
It Intially aims at shaping the next generation of leaders in business reporting. The program will take place over approximately 12 weeks at our Hyde Park campus, during which selected participants will audit classes, participate in events, collaborate with peers and socialize with the university’s greatest scholars.
Participants will choose their own classes at Chicago Booth. Examples of classes include the firm and the Non-market environment with professor Marianne Bertrand and Crony Capitalism with professor Luigi Zingales.
- Reimbursement for economy- clas airfare to/from Chicago and SEVIS and visa applications fees;
- A stipened of $12000 to cover living expenses over the twelve-week program;
- World-class training in business fundamentals at Chicago Booth free of charge;
- Participation in seminars and workshops at Chicago Booth and across the university;
- An opportunity to write for the ProMarket blog;
- Interaction with Booth faculty and students as well as other program participants;
- Designated study space;
- Certificate of participation upon successful completion of program.
Program participants are expected to:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Audit 3 classes;
- Attend and actively participate in classes and complete all required readings and assignments;
- Participate in Stigler lectures, lunches, and social events as well as other events recommended by the center;
- Sign a letter of agreement with the center to indicate that the program guidelines and expectations are mutually agreed upon.
- Working Journalists who have some years of media experience and are proficient in English are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information please visit https://research.chicagobooth.edu/stigler/teaching/jirprogram#About
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.