Deadline: 20 October 2019
The Stigler centre is currently inviting applications for its Journalists in Residence program that provides a transformative learning experience for up-and-coming journalists from around the world, working in all forms of media.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
It Intially aims at shaping the next generation of leaders in business reporting. The program will take place over approximately 12 weeks at our Hyde Park campus, during which selected participants will audit classes, participate in events, collaborate with peers and socialize with the university’s greatest scholars.
Participants will choose their own classes at Chicago Booth. Examples of classes include the firm and the Non-market environment with professor Marianne Bertrand and Crony Capitalism with professor Luigi Zingales.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Reimbursement for economy- clas airfare to/from Chicago and SEVIS and visa applications fees;
- A stipened of $12000 to cover living expenses over the twelve-week program;
- World-class training in business fundamentals at Chicago Booth free of charge;
- Participation in seminars and workshops at Chicago Booth and across the university;
- An opportunity to write for the ProMarket blog;
- Interaction with Booth faculty and students as well as other program participants;
- Designated study space;
- Certificate of participation upon successful completion of program.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Program participants are expected to:
- Audit 3 classes;
- Attend and actively participate in classes and complete all required readings and assignments;
- Participate in Stigler lectures, lunches, and social events as well as other events recommended by the center;
- Sign a letter of agreement with the center to indicate that the program guidelines and expectations are mutually agreed upon.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Working Journalists who have some years of media experience and are proficient in English are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information please visit https://research.chicagobooth.edu/stigler/teaching/jirprogram#About