Deadline: 22 September 2019
The International Dialogue Centre (KAICIID) has launched small grants for short-term initiatives which are designed to build bridges between communities of different religious, ethnic and identity backgrounds in the Arab Region. Since its establishment in 2012, KAICIID has recognized the urgent need to invest in religious leaders and institutions that promote a culture of diversity, pluralism and common citizenship.
Grant contributions provided by KAICIID will range up to €3.000.
Proposals must address one of the following priority areas:
- Countering & Preventing Hate Speech, particularly in the name of Religion
- Advocacy for Policy Changes to Promote Common Citizenship
- Media Engagement
- Interreligious Education
Successful project proposals will fulfill most of the following requirements:
- Operational capacities of the applicant: applicants should have required capacities at the technical and networking levels in order to implement projects on the ground;
- Alignment with KAICIID’s mandate (mission and strategic aims)
- Collaboration across religious lines: proposals which involve interfaith collaboration will be given priority
- Overall project impact (measured by the number of people reached or impacted by the project)
- Clarity and practicality of the proposal (measured according to its objectives and deliverables)
- Sustainability, replicability & scalability of the project: proposals that are sustainable or potentially replicable will be prioritized;
- Gender sensitivity: proposals should ideally target men and women equally or create an environment to empower women
How to Apply
- Applicants can apply online via the given website and also submit the required documents:
- the online application form
- a detailed project proposal
- a detailed budget
- a detailed work plan will be considered.
- Please provide electronic documents (Word and/or Excel). No photocopies or scans.
For more information, please visit https://www.kaiciid.org/arab-region-call-grant-proposals