The Keidanren Nature Conservation Fund (KNCF) is seeking applications for its grant program 2021 to provide assistance for nature conservation efforts implemented by NGO/NPO in developing countries, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region and also provides assistance for nature conservation efforts and sustainable use of nature resources in Japan.
KNCF was authorized as a public trust by the Ministry of Environment and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in April 2000. The Sumitomo Trust & Banking Co., Ltd. (current Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited) was selected as the Trustee of the Fund. After its establishment in April 2000, a lot of corporations (mainly Keidanren member corporations) and the general people have been contributing donation to the Fund on the approval of substance of KNCF.
The KNCF has continuously supported the following projects every year with about the total amount of ¥150 million (JPY). The KNCF raises applicants for the Fund on this Web Page every fiscal year, and Project Selection Committee has assumed the rigid responsibility of appraising and selecting supported projects among submitted applications.
Projects meeting all of the following four conditions;
- Carried out for the purpose of nature conservation in developing countries, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region. Priority is given to projects for preserving biodiversity.
- Expected to receive appropriate levels of cooperation from the host governmental agencies, related international organizations, non-governmental organizations, and/or the local residents.
- Whose outcomes do not benefit any specific groups or individuals.
- Carried out by experts with scientific knowledge, that can benefit from the advice and cooperation of such experts.
A group or an organization meeting all of the following three conditions;
- Capable of making appropriate reports, as requested by Keidanren Nature Conservation Fund, regarding progress of the funded project and its financial status including budget and results.
- With legal personality or a voluntary group with equivalent social credibility.
- A group with a record of at least three-year experience in nature conservation projects.
Based on the results of scoring by specialists or academic experts, the steering committee will perform an overall evaluation mainly in accordiance with the following criteria as the basis for selection.
- Significance: Project with appropriate activities effectively solving current issues.
- Project with feasible plan.
- Project with practical budget.
- Reliability: Project with proponent considered to have sufficient experience and capability for carrying out the activities.
For more information, visit http://www.keidanren.net/kncf/en/fund/about/