Applications are now open for the Kenwood Community Fund to build funds to support the local charitable sector in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, to help the people who are most in need in their communities.
The Kenwood Community Fund will focus on local community projects that address the challenges of health, nutrition and wellbeing.
This fund will give priority to the smaller charities and community groups that have incomes of less than £300k but Kenwood would like to hear from other local charities with innovative projects that are making a real difference.
- This year the fund is also aiming to provide a one off grant of £25,000 for a particularly focused need and will continue to provide smaller grants of between £2000 and £7,500 which can be used in one year or over a two year period if it is a new initiative.
Priority will be given to:
- Start-up funds for health, nutrition and wellbeing programmes for new groups, CICs CIOs
- Projects that will involve communities to tackle local health and wellbeing issues
- Existing and new local groups that involve both social interaction and exercise for older people for example: regular tea dances, walking groups and exercise classes. All activities must include exercise and time for refreshments and a chat.
- Exercise groups and classes for all ages targeted at those who are unfit and/or suffering from obesity. Classes to include time to talk as well as exercise.
- Projects that engage communities and raise awareness of the benefits of good nutrition and easy and simple ways to have a healthy diet. This could include cookery and garden projects; projects teaching older men to eat well; youth projects; or projects supporting homeless people who have recently been housed.
- Community befriending and support groups for those suffering with mental health problems or those who are isolated.
- Neighbourly schemes that build community cohesion and keep people safer.
- Venue hire and equipment to operate well-being, health and nutrition training such as cookery equipment, furniture, training materials.
- Kenwood Ltd will support diverse initiatives aimed at improving health, healthy eating, nutrition, cooking and all aspects of wellbeing.
- Fareham, Gosport, Havant, Portsmouth, Waterlooville
Grants available for the following purposes:
- Local charities and community groups (registered and unregistered)
- Community clubs such as youth clubs, sports clubs and luncheon clubs
- Community Interest Communities (for start-up project costs only)
- Community Interest Organisations
- New groups for start-up costs and second year funding
- Organisations NOT based in Hampshire
- Projects NOT active in Havant and Surrounding area
- Organisation with unrestricted reserves of more than 12 months running costs
- Organisations with income >£300k
- Capital building projects
- Application from individuals
- Public bodies: local authorities or schools
- Organisations whose Objects are for the sole benefit or relief of animals or plants
- National charities
- Any party political activity
- Commercial ventures
- Funding of salaries
For more information, visit https://www.hiwcf.com/grant/kenwood-community/