Have you written a Buddhist story for children? Are you translating Buddhist texts into your local language? Do you have a proposal for research on a Buddhist topic? If yes, then tell them how your idea will help the dharma flourish.
- KF Ashoka Grants generally range from US$1,000 to $5,000, and occasionally more, depending on the program.
- The Ashoka Grant Committees review applications from organizations and individuals who are actively engaged in projects related to Buddhism.
- Your application will not be considered if:
- You are requesting funds for a building and construction project.
- Your application does not adequately explain the budget and scope of the project.
- Your application is not related to Buddhism or Buddhist activity. Your application must have Buddhism at its core.
- Your application is for a film project; they are not accepting proposals for film projects at this time.
- You have already applied for an Ashoka grant in this round.
- Your application is in a language other than English. At this time, they can only accept applications in English.
- Full funding of proposals is not always possible and partial funding may be offered to some applicants. KF is able to offer grants because of the generosity of their donors so please keep this in mind and request only what is needed for your dharma activity.
- Applicants will be notified of decisions approximately four months after the deadline.
For more information, visit Ashoka Grants.