Deadline: 28 February 2017
Keidanren Nature Conservation Fund (KNCF) is inviting applicants for its 25th Anniversary Special Fund Grant Program with a motive to achieve a sustainable society by providing priority support for activities in the fields of human-resource development and promoting the sharing of beneficial information that are effective for the attainment of the globally important Aichi Targets and the SDGs, and fostering the mainstreaming of biodiversity.
Theme of the Grant
“Human-resource development that contributes to biodiversity conservation in the Asia-Pacific region–Education and training, raising of awareness, and exchanges for the purpose of fostering the mainstreaming of biodiversity through collaboration and coordination”.
- The totaling amount approximately ¥150 million (US$1.5 million equivalent) for the three-year period.
- Funding will be granted for a period of three year, from June 1, 2017 to May 31, 2020.
Projects meeting all of the following four conditions:
- Projects serving for the theme of “Human-resource development that contributes to biodiversity conservation in the Asia-Pacific region –Education and training, raising of awareness, and exchanges for the purpose of fostering the mainstreaming of biodiversity through collaboration and coordination–”conducting particularly in developing countries
- Projects expected to receive appropriate levels of cooperation from the host governmental agencies, related international organizations, nongovernmental organizations, and the local citizenry.
- Projects that do not serve the special interests of any specific corporation or individuals.
- Projects that will be carried out by persons with sufficient scientific expertise, or with the advice and cooperation of persons having such expertise.
- Groups comprising multiple organizations working in collaboration and coordination with each other.
- Each group’s principle organization to be an organization or other such body satisfies all of the following three conditions:
- A group capable of making appropriate reports, as requested by the Fund, regarding progress in implementing the funded project and its financial status including budgetary matters and settlements of account.
- A group with corporate status or a similar level of public trust.
- A group with a record of at least three years of carrying out nature conservation projects
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit KNCF Special Fund Grant Program.