Deadline: 19 January 2017
The KR Foundation is currently inviting applications from organisations to help provide answers to, stimulate mind shifts about, and encourage action on, the long-term challenges faced by current and future generations living on a planet with finite resources, fragile ecosystems, and climate change.
KR Foundation address root causes of climate change and environmental degradation, and safeguard the planetary boundaries.
KR Foundation currently has two program areas:
- Sustainable Behaviour – Catalysts for Change
Projects funded in this program area should have the potential to quickly reduce the impacts from consumption that exceeds planetary boundaries, by shifting society away from high-impact behaviour, or influencing the determinants of unsustainable ways of living.
- Sustainable Finance – Keeping Fossil Fuels in the Ground
KR Foundation focuses on addressing the root causes of climate change: within sustainable finance, this currently means supporting interventions that aim to shift financial incentives (such as investments, subsidies, taxes, regulation, etc.) away from fossil fuel production and consumption.
- Address root causes of climate change and environmental degradation.
- Support projects that have an international focus e.g. an impact at scale in multiple countries or countries that by themselves can move the global agenda.
- Support projects that provide scalable solutions.
- Support projects that can showcase a clear impact.
- Support projects that promote shifts towards “strong sustainability”, within planetary boundaries.
KR Foundation’s grants typically range from DKK 0.5m to DKK 5m with duration of up to approx. 3 years.
- To be eligible organisation must ensure that it is a charitable, non-profit organisation.
- The grantee further confirms that the grantee organisation has appropriate processes and procedures for proper management of the grant to ensure that all funds received are used only for the charitable purpose(s) intended.
How to Apply
A brief Letter of Inquiry (LOI) should be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit KR Foundation Grant.