The NGO Development Center (NDC) has announced the availability of funding to Palestinian civil society organisations (CSOs) through a call for proposals under AJIR – Action for East Jerusalem’s Identity and Resilience programme.
The call for proposals is dedicated to large investments developed by CSOs targeting education, culture and youth-related needs and aims at improving education and cultural services provided to youth. Duration of the selected projects is expected not to exceed 3 years.
Designed with the overarching goal of contributing to the full emancipation of Palestinian youth, the call for proposals aims at providing funding to finance construction or renovation works in order to remove material constraints which prevent the development of quality education and cultural provisions and infrastructures (lack of classrooms, poor premises conditions, etc.).
- The funding ceiling per project is EUR 1.5 million while the minimum threshold is EUR 500,000;
- Project duration cannot exceed 3 years.
CSOs have to apply individually to receive grants under this call for proposal. Each CSO is allowed to submit only one project proposal. The following eligibility criteria shall be satisfied:
- CSO is a Palestinian, non-governmental, non-profit and non-partisan organization;
- CSO has been registered for at least three years under the competent authority by the date of submission of the proposal and is able to provide evidence of legal registration;
- CSO must have a local operating office in East Jerusalem;
- The project activities target East Jerusalem;
- The project budget per year shall not represent more than seventy per cent of the CSO annual resources over the last three accounting periods;
- For construction and infrastructure works, projects must have received (at the time of submission of the proposal) all necessary approvals and permits from the competent authorities;
- Projects shall not involve economic and population displacement.
For more information, visit https://www.ndc.ps/en/content/invitation-submit-project-proposals-AJIR