The Ottumwa Regional Legacy Foundation is seeking applications for its Bright Ideas Community Enrichment Fund which was established in 2011 to support charitable intentions of the various 501(c)(3) not for profit organizations that serve to enrich the quality of life for the residents of the City of Ottumwa and Wapello County.
The foundation always looking to support new and innovative ideas and efforts that can have measurable impact on the residents and communities in Wapello County. Further purposes of fund include, but are not limited to, providing for the promotion of and expanding access and distribution of human services, recreational programming, art, cultural, and humanities needs and issues of the City of Ottumwa and Wapello County.
- Eligible projects for this program will range in size from $2,500 to $30,000.
- The applying organization must be an IRS designated 501(c)(3) not for profit providing services in Wapello County.
- Priority is given to programs and projects most likely to have a positive impact on area residents.
- ORLF will fund only single year grants, no multiple year grants will be funded through this program.
- In reviewing grant applications, the foundation gives careful consideration to:
- Programs and projects that are unique, creative and without duplicative services
- Programs and projects which are responsive to basic human needs
- Programs and projects which promote inclusiveness and diversity
- Programs and projects which connect individuals and families to the community; particularly those programs and projects that address the Foundation’s focus on health, education and community vitality
- Potential impact of the grant and the number of individuals in the area who will benefit
- The ability of the organization to obtain the necessary additional funding to implement the project and to provide or obtain ongoing funding after the grant has been expended
- The possibility of using the grant to match funds from other sources
- Larger grant requests (those above $20,000) require a minimum of a 25% match
For more information, visit https://www.orlf.org/for-grantees-scholars/bright-ideas-community-enrichment-fund/