The Levi Lassen Foundation is offering grants to support Ethiopian-Israeli Girls and Women (ages 15 to 30).
Levi Lassen also supports NGOs in Israel with a Dutch affiliation, with an emphasis on organizations that assist and care for elderly immigrants from Holland.
- Ethiopian- Israeli Girls and Women (ages 15 to 30): The applicant must be committed to advancing this cause.
- Dutch- Affiliated organizations in Israel: Especially those that provide support for elderly immigrants from Holland, such as nursing homes.
- NGOs may apply for up to 15,000 Euro’s a year and may be given a grant for a period of one year.
- Organizations officially registered as non-profits in Israel (amutot, community interest companies, and charities) with valid authorization of non-profit status (rishum amuta), proper management certificate (nihul takin) (unless the organization exists for only a short time) and valid certification from tax and VAT authorities (Ishur nihul sfarim ve nikuy mas). Start-up NGOs do not need a nihul takin.
- The age of the amuta is not relevant but preference will be given to those amutot that have already proven successful in their work.
- Projects must be carried out in Israel, excluding occupied territories.
- The Levi Lassen Foundation will consider funding applications from NGOs and projects that fulfil the following criteria:
- NGOs that advance young Ethiopian-Israeli girls and women (ages 15-30), or specific projects that advance young Ethiopian-Israeli girls and women (ages 15-30)
- Dutch-Affliliated organizations in Israel. Especially those that provide support for elderly immigrants from Holland, such as nursing homes.
- The project must have synergy with the overall vision and mission of the NGO.
- The project (not necessarily the NGO) must be of grassroots nature.
- The project must have a down to earth impact and make a difference.
- Grantees may apply for a renewal grant (subject to submitting an evaluation report which has to be approved by the foundation).
- NGOs must be able to demonstrate a stable, effective, creative and well-run organization, a sound financial status, and Nihul Takin. Startup NGOs may also apply without Nihul Takin.
For more information, visit https://levilassen.org/application-procedure/procedure-dates/