Deadline: 19 October 2019
Light A Single Candle Foundation (LASC) is inviting applicants for its International Grants Program.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
LASC is currently partnering with their partners on projects designed to provide food support and economic development to a number of Central American and Caribbean countries.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Projects to be funded will address one of the following LASC Focus Areas:
- Food support, security, and sustainability: this may include emergency feeding and starvation relief; subsistence farming, backyard farming, or soil improvement initiatives; sustainable and regenerative food programs (ie…aqua farming, greenhouse gardens, beekeeping, fruit tree planting and baking)
- Social Entrepreneurship & Microdevelopment: food related community based initiatives that address poverty, increase income, teach new skills, provide training, and create individual, family and community economic opportunities.
- Poverty relief: Development of individuals, families, and communities toward self-determination and an improved standard of living. (ie…access to clean water and improved sanitation practices; housing development, animal husbandry)
- By personal invitation from LASC
The foundation believes the need for food and economic sustainability is basic to all poverty solutions. They are motivated by faith in God and values based initiatives and programs, but are not limited to the support of faith-based partnerships.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Recipient organization must be a not for profit USA based 501 (c) (3) public charity as defined by the Internal Revenue Service code.
- Projects to be considered must be located within the following countries: Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, or Nicaragua.
- Recipients must have staff and/or partners on the ground and include local community in the project development and implementation.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.lightasinglecandle.org/apply-for-grant/international-grants/
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.