Deadline: 20 January 2019
The Luxembourg National Research Fund (FNR) is seeking proposals for its INTER Mobility Programme to promote the exchange between research groups from public research institutions in Luxembourg, and leading research groups abroad.
The programme aims to foster innovative, internationally competitive research and support the exchange of key knowledge and technological know-how.
INTER mobility allows for exchanges in both directions:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Researchers working in Luxembourg to go abroad.
- Researchers from abroad to come to Luxembourg.
The programme may also contribute to bridging the gap between the research communities in the public sector and in business and industry – exchanges with foreign companies are highly welcome.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Mobility allowance for researcher and accompanying partner and family, if applicable. In addition to his/her salary, a mobility allowance will be paid to the researcher, taking due account of his/her family situation. This allowance is a flat-rate contribution to cover the personal household, relocation and travel expenses. There are two reference amounts depending on the family situation of the researcher at the time of his/her recruitment:
- €1500/month: Researcher being accompanied by family and staying longer than 6 months;
- €1000/month: Researcher without accompanying family or research stays shorter than 6 months.
- If the mobility allowance is largely insufficient to cover the living costs, a Luxembourg researcher going abroad may request additional funding. Based upon this justification, FNR will decide whether to provide funding beyond the lump sums mentioned above.
- The following organisations are eligible for INTER Mobility funding:
- Public institutions performing research in Luxembourg
- Non-profit associations and foundations performing research in Luxembourg that have obtained a special authorization from the Ministry for Higher Education and Research.
- The exchange must take place between an eligible Luxembourg public institution and a foreign public or private institution.
- If duly justified, the Luxembourg-based researcher may also visit several organisations abroad.
- If duly justified, the proposal may also cover the expenses for two researchers (e.g. one from the Luxembourg based group to the group abroad and one from the group abroad to the Luxembourg group).
- The researcher(s) must
- be employed as a researcher by applicant home institution before, during, and after the visit (applies to both incoming and outgoing researchers);
- not have benefitted from support by a Mobility OUT within the last three years for applying to another OUT grant;
- not have ongoing Mobility grants for applying to a next one.
- The researcher(s) can submit up to one Mobility IN application per 12 months (excluding resubmissions).
- The seconded fellow and the host institution will have to establish a contractual agreement guaranteeing that all necessary arrangements have been met in order to accomplish the research stay successfully.
- There are no thematic or geographical limitations.
- The research stay has to be carried out in a different country from where the fellow has been principally (> 12 months) working in the 24 months preceding the call deadline.
- Projects which have been submitted to FNR in previous calls and have not been retained for funding may be resubmitted only once and only after the project has undergone substantial revision. It is strongly advised to take the previous reviews and panel conclusion into consideration. The FNR reserves the right to exclude projects which have not undergone substantial changes in the resubmitted application
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
Eligible Country: Luxembourg
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.fnr.lu/funding-instruments/inter-mobility/