Deadline: 14 June 2016
The M-ERA.NET is currently inviting applications for its 2016 Call for Transnational R&D Projects with an aim to fund ambitious transnational RTD projects addressing materials research and innovation including materials for low carbon energy technologies and related production technologies.
M-ERA.NET aims to strengthen the contribution of materials R&D to energy-related applications where applicable.
The joint calls for transnational RTD cooperation will mobilize a critical mass of public funding to support key players in materials research to intensify pan European partnerships and to encourage newcomers to transnational RTD cooperation to realize innovative RTD projects.
- Integrated computational materials engineering
- Innovative surfaces, coatings and interfaces
- High performance synthetic and biobased composites
- Functional materials
- Interfaces between materials and biological hosts for health applications
- Materials for additive manufacturing
Total budget of around 40 million €, including an EU contribution.
Project Structure and Duration
- Project consortia consisting of a minimum of 3 partners (all requesting funding) from at least 2 different countries (at least 2 independent entities from 2 different EU member states or associated countries) participating in the M-ERA.NET Call 2016 can apply. The consortia may involve as many partners as necessary.
- All project partners must belong to a country/region participating in the M-ERA.NET Call 2016.
- Consortia cannot include partners from countries/regions not participating in the Call 2016.
- Project addresses appropriate TRLs for selected M-ERA.NET Call 2016 topics
- Proposal is recommended for Full-Proposal submission by M-ERA.NET after PreProposal stage.
- SMEs, large companies, academic research groups, universities, public research organizations or other research organizations may also participate according to their national/regional financing regulations.
- The maximum project duration cannot exceed 36 months.
- National/regional limits regarding the duration of projects will apply.
- The eligibility of participants depends on the respective national/regional funding programmes.
- SMEs, large companies, academic research groups, universities, research organizations or other research organizations can participate according to their regional/national regulations.
- Prospective partners are requested to discuss eligibility with their national/regional funding organization.
How to Apply
- All call documents for download can be found on the website.
- Access to the electronic submission system (and its user manual) given on the website.
Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Cyprus, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Taiwan and Turkey.
For more information, please visit M-ERA.NET CALL 2016.