The Government of South Australia is providing Major Projects – Triennial Project Grants to support the creation and presentation of new work across all art forms by individual professional artists and groups or unfunded arts and cultural organisations through a staged funding commitment over three years.
It recognises the benefits that an extended development process can offer some arts projects. The grant will support all stages of development and presentation, including creative and project development, research, making of work and presentation through creative development and final showings, exhibitions or premieres.
The project should lead to a major presentation of the work in South Australia. Projects which incorporate or create potential for national and international exposure are encouraged. Touring regionally, nationally and internationally is supported. Final outcomes can be independently produced or can occur within arts and non-arts festivals and organisations.
- Grant amount: $120,000 ($40,000 per year/3 years)
- Funded activity commencement date: 8 January 2024
You can apply for
- Commissioning fees
- Creative fees (such as performers, composers, choreographers, designers, curators)
- Producer fees
- Technical personnel and production costs
- Travel, living allowance
- Marketing costs
- Hire of studio, venue and equipment
- Curatorial cost, catalogue essay writer’s fees, catalogue design and printing costs
- Photography and documentation
- Exhibition costs
Who can apply?
- Independent artist and groups
- Arts and cultural organisations not in receipt of annual or multi-year State Government funding
Who is ineligible?
- Funded organisations: small-to-medium organisations (excluding Program Support funded organisations), major organisations
- Organisations funded through the National Performing Arts Partnership Framework (NPAPF)
- Statutory Authorities
For more information, visit Government of South Australia.