The Embassy of Japan in Malaysia is now accepting applications for the “Japanese Grant Assistance Grass-Roots Human Security Project (GGP) 2023”.
GGP is a financial assistance scheme for development projects designed to meet the diverse needs of developing countries in the field of Basic Human Needs and Human Security. This scheme supports projects proposed by such bodies as non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and local government authorities, educational institutions, and medical institutions.
- The GGP has been granted in 141 developing countries and regions and has acquired an excellent reputation of providing flexible and timely support to development projects at the grass-roots level. In Malaysia, since 1989 until March 2022, 158 projects have received the GGP with a total grant amount of around RM 19. 7million.
- International and local nongovernmental organizations (NGOs which have been established for more than two years)
- Local public authorities
- Educational institutions such as primary and junior high schools
- Hospitals and medical institutions.
- Governmental and international organizations are not eligible for the GGP in principle (except for measures against conflict and disaster).
- Individuals and profit organizations are also not eligible for the GGP.
For more information, visit GGP.