Deadline: 11 October 2016
Applications are open for Mastercard’s Start Path Global Programme that works with startups to drive new businesses forward, help scale their businesses and increase profitability.
Start Path is an integral part of Mastercard’s broader startup engagement effort that is focused on partnering with the best startups to collaborate and create new experiences for its customers, business partners, and the broader financial industry.
Mastercard Start Path is a global effort to support innovative startups developing the next generation of commerce solutions today. Start Path was established in 2014 as a way for Mastercard to work directly with global startups building innovative solutions covering everything from blockchain to artificial intelligence and chatbots. Since then, Start Path has worked with over 90 companies across 24 countries. Mastercard is currently running active pilots with or has directly invested in nearly 20 percent of the companies.
Mastercard partner with startups from around the world to help scale their businesses. The program enables companies to gain access to MasterCard’s global ecosystem and to break new markets through relationships with MasterCard and our customers. Some key features include:
- 6 month virtual program (take part from your home location)
- 2 immersion weeks at different cities
- No upfront equity in exchange for participation
The programme is open to all non-US based startups.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants can apply via given website.
- Receive email confirmation of applicant’s application from the Start Path team.
- For some companies, the Start Path team will contact applicant for a call to further discuss their application.
- The Start Path team will invite 12 companies to a Pitch Day in Miami on November 30, 2016 and December 1, 2016.
- The Pitch Day is an opportunity not only to pitch for selection into the program, but also to meet with big-brand partners of the program.
- Between 5 and 7 companies will be provided with an offer to join the programme.
- The program will kick off with an immersion week in January 2017.
- Three information sessions will be held to walk interested groups through the application process:
- Twitter Chat on Friday September 30th, 9.30am SGT (GMT+8) –follow @MAStartPath & #StartPathGlobal for a Twitter Q&A and chat with existing startups on the programme.
- Webinars on Thursday October 6th at 8.30 am GMT and 4.30 pm GMT – To register, please click: https://startpathglobal.youcanbook.me/.
For more information, please visit Mastercard’s Start Path Global Programme.