Deadline: 3 July 2017
Applications are open for “The Matrix Causes Fund (MCF)” in order to provide support to organisations which promote access to justice (particularly for people trying to get support to meet their basic personal needs), or promote equality of opportunity, or promote a sustainable environment.
The Matrix Causes Fund is a charitable fund administered by Matrix. Since 2003, have committed over £850,000 to national and international charitable causes. Matrix Causes Fund is a restricted fund under the auspices of Prism the Gift Fund, UK charity no. 1099682.
MCF will only provide an organisation with one-off funds of up to £5,000, or funds of up to £3,000 a year for 3 years.
- Applications are particularly welcome from organisations whose focus is on supporting the needs of vulnerable persons such as prisoners, asylum seekers, people with mental health difficulties, people (particularly children) with disabilities, or women in refuges.
- Funding for charitable organisations not registered as a charity in the UK
- The MCF is administered through the Charities Aid Foundation and so can only provide support to organisations with charitable status.
- The MCF will only provide funds for identifiable items or activities (potentially including the staff costs of the activity). Where the amount to be provided by the MCF is not the whole cost of the item or activity, the MCF money will only be released when the rest of the cost has been secured by the organisation. The MCF will not provide funds for an organisation’s general or core expenditure.
- The MCF will fund the costs associated with things like publications, staff/volunteer training, publicity, events and equipment which can benefit many people and be long-lasting. Only in exceptional circumstances, will the MCF provide funds to cover costs (such as salary costs) for an organisation’s direct service delivery to individual clients or members of the public. The MCF does not provide funds to support or replace statutory or other services generally provided by public bodies such as schools.
For further information, please visit The Matrix Causes Fund.