Medica mondial is a feminist non-governmental organization under German law, based in Cologne. As an organization for women’s rights and development aid, medica global support for women and girls in crisis and war zones international.
Through direct implementation programs or in cooperation with local women’s organizations, they provide survivors of sexual and gender-based violence gender holistic support. At the political level, they are committed to the achievement of women’s rights; demand a consistent punishment for crimes as well as protection and effective political participation of survivors of violence.
The call for proposals aims to improve the situation of women and girls affected by violence sexual and gender-based and perpetrated during or after conflicts in the region.
They welcome the proposals relating to the following themes:
- Activities for the prevention of sexual or gender-based violence and protection of women and girls against violence.
- Response activities to sexual violence, including direct services for women and girls affected by sexual or gender-based violence such as primary, gynaecological and mental health care, justice, education and generation of income.
- Advocacy, networking and promotion of women’s leadership activities relating to combating and preventing sexual and gender-based violence and/or peacebuilding and justice.
- The amount of a grant is set at 10,000 Euros per project.
- The duration of the project is one year at most.
- Only one grant per year will be awarded to the same organization.
This call for projects is aimed at women’s rights organizations in the country next: Ivory Coast. Organizations must meet the following criteria:
- be led by women;
- Have as main mission the protection and promotion of women’s rights, these targets being reflected in the activities of the organization;
- work for the prevention of and the fight against sexual and gender-based violence against women in war and conflict zones;
- Have an inclusive approach towards all women regardless of their affiliation ethnic, religious, political belief, sexual orientation, social position or age;
- target structural changes to end violence against women;
- Actively consider the perspectives of the women and girls they support;
- Collaborate with other organizations of the human rights movement and women’s rights;
- be formally registered as a non-governmental and non-profit organization lucrative.
How to Apply
- Please make sure that your organisation meets the criteria. Before submitting a full proposal, they encourage you to contact them to find out if your organisation or your project is eligible for a grant.
- Applications can be submitted in German, English or French, through e-mail only.
- Organisations are asked to use the grants application form and guidelines and the budget form. Only project applications submitted in this format will be considered.
- Please send your application to the email address mentioned in the respective call for proposals.
- Upon receiving your proposal, they will get back to you, usually within four weeks, with the first feedback on your project or a request for additional information. Final decisions usually take up to 3 months. Please note that medica mondiale is not able to award a grant to all deserving applicants.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/31NISEx