The Merdeka Award is seeking applications for its grant program for International Attachment that is designed to make it possible for qualified and deserving Malaysians, between the ages 22-35 to engage in short-term collaborative projects/programmes of up to three months, at an internationally-recognised host institution in select disciplines (education, arts, sports, community/social work, environment, health, science and technology).
The attachment aims to help the recipient build on his or her expertise by undergoing a learning experience in an institution or organisation of international repute, and improving the Grantee’s body of work and achievements.
The end goal is to promote thought leadership and innovation, foster a culture of excellence and encourage a world-view.
- The grant is awarded to qualified citizens of Malaysia, aged 22 – 35, residing in Malaysia or overseas, in the following fields:
- Education and Community/Social Work;
- Health, Science and Technology;
- For academics, a Master or equivalent professional degree at the time of application in the field in which you are applying;
- For professionals and those outside academia, recognised professional standing and substantial professional accomplishments in the field in which you are applying.
For more information, visit Merdeka Award.