Deadline: 31 July 2020
The Ministry of Environment and Water announce the Call for proposals “Small Grant Scheme circular economy” under Outcome 3: “Improved use of resources at the municipal level (circular economy)” under the Environment Protection and Climate Change Programme of EEA Financial Mechanism 2014-2021.
The aim of the Small Grant Scheme is to finance projects for the development and implementation of educational campaigns for awareness rising regarding resource management, waste recycling and circular economy among educational institutions (schools) and the population.
The Programme aims to improve the environmental status of ecosystems and to reduce the impact of pollution and other human activities and to contribute to the overall objectives of the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 and in particular the reduction of economic and social differences in the European Economic Area countries and strengthening the bilateral relations between the Donor States and Bulgaria.
The Environmental Protection and Climate Change Programme contributes to two Programme areas:
- Programme area 11 – Environment and ecosystems;
- Programme area 13 – Mitigation and adaptation to climate change.
The Call for Proposals under the “Small Grant Scheme Circular Economy” implemented under Outcome 3 “Improved use of resources at the municipal level (circular economy)” is aimed at awareness-raising projects regarding resource management, the circular economy and recycling. Actions and measures will ensure reduction and prevention of adverse effects on human health and the environment through awareness and prevention.
- Total procedure budget is EUR 550,000.
- The minimum amount of funding is EUR 50,000 and the maximum is EUR 200,000.
- The duration of the project is from 12 months to 24 months.
The following activities shall be considered eligible under this Call:
- Project management activities. These include activities related to project planning and coordination of daily activities between partners, reporting, financial management, interaction with monitoring and control authorities and similar non-technical activities necessary for the successful implementation of the project;
- Ensure publicity under the Communication and Design Guide of the EEA Financial Mechanism for 2014-2020.
- Specific minimum required technical activities related to this Call, namely for the purpose of addressing issues identified in Outcome 3: “Improved use of resources at municipal level (circular economy)”, are as follows:
- Development of programmes and implementation of educational campaigns under the programmes on circular economy and recycling; The programmes should target both learners in educational institutions (schools) and teachers. The campaigns should include as a minimum the goals and principles of the circular economy, the regulatory framework in the EU and Bulgaria in relation to it, the results achieved so far and the challenges it faces. The programmes being developed can benefit from good practices from educational campaigns conducted in Donor States. Programmes should include training, dissemination of information, etc.
- Developing and conducting awareness raising campaigns regarding the circular economy and recycling in educational institutions (schools); Campaigns should target both learners in educational institutions and teachers, and can be targeted to the general public as well; Campaigns may include and use the experience and best practices applied in Donor States;
- Under this Call, an eligible Applicant (“Project promoter”) is any entity, whether public or private and non-commercial organisation established as а legal entity in the Republic of Bulgaria whose main activity is in the education sector, as defined in the Pre-school and School Education Act.
- Applicants may apply individually or in partnership. The application is made by submitting an Application form (by the applicant) on behalf of all partners.
- One organisation may be a Project promoter within only one project and/ or а partner in not more than 2 projects under this Call.
- Projects implemented in partnership with organizations from donor states are encouraged.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3cEWzcp