Deadline: 2 February 2018
Miss.Africa Initiative led by DCA Academy is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for its Seed Fund in Africa that will give small grants to support women and girls in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields to launch or expand their own initiatives that will increase their digital opportunities in IT related training, jobs and leadership roles.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The program is interested in learning about successful activities that are currently supporting women and girls in STEM, and through this effort, identify how might support scalability and their impacts.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- The 2016 Seed Grant for the amount Five Thousand US dollars (USD 5,000) will assist the winning initiative to start or expand their capacity.
- A second category of One Thousand United States Dollars (USD 1000) will be granted as a prize for two other applicants from emerging African countries that create further socio-economic value for women by effectively leveraging tech opportunities.
- Preference will be given to projects that target under-served populations and locations, take a collaborative approach, have a high potential for growth and present an innovative use of technology.
- Projects eligible for grant funding include, but are not limited to:
- Computer science workshops and training for women and girls
- Early incubation of female tech entrepreneurs
- Programming and app development training programs
- Hackathons and coding boot camps for girls
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
To apply for a Miss.Africa Seed Fund grant applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Current resident of an African country (including North and Sub-Saharan Africa).
- Application must be submitted in English.
- Applying as an individual (at least 18 years of age), or a representative of a non-governmental organization (NGO) or social enterprise based in Africa.
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience conducting activities supporting women and girls in computer science or STEM fields.
- Commitment to developing and contributing to a virtual community for supporting women and girls initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership potential (references will be required for those applying for leadership funds).
- Proposed projects MUST have a tangible impact for women and girls in computer science and/or STEM- related fields.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, , Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Miss.Africa 2018.