Deadline: 2 February 2018
Miss.Africa Initiative led by DCA Academy is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for its Seed Fund in Africa that will give small grants to support women and girls in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields to launch or expand their own initiatives that will increase their digital opportunities in IT related training, jobs and leadership roles.
The program is interested in learning about successful activities that are currently supporting women and girls in STEM, and through this effort, identify how might support scalability and their impacts.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- The 2016 Seed Grant for the amount Five Thousand US dollars (USD 5,000) will assist the winning initiative to start or expand their capacity.
- A second category of One Thousand United States Dollars (USD 1000) will be granted as a prize for two other applicants from emerging African countries that create further socio-economic value for women by effectively leveraging tech opportunities.
- Preference will be given to projects that target under-served populations and locations, take a collaborative approach, have a high potential for growth and present an innovative use of technology.
- Projects eligible for grant funding include, but are not limited to:
- Computer science workshops and training for women and girls
- Early incubation of female tech entrepreneurs
- Programming and app development training programs
- Hackathons and coding boot camps for girls
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
To apply for a Miss.Africa Seed Fund grant applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Current resident of an African country (including North and Sub-Saharan Africa).
- Application must be submitted in English.
- Applying as an individual (at least 18 years of age), or a representative of a non-governmental organization (NGO) or social enterprise based in Africa.
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience conducting activities supporting women and girls in computer science or STEM fields.
- Commitment to developing and contributing to a virtual community for supporting women and girls initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership potential (references will be required for those applying for leadership funds).
- Proposed projects MUST have a tangible impact for women and girls in computer science and/or STEM- related fields.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, , Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Miss.Africa 2018.