Deadline: 25 March 2019
In Money Trail, Journalismfund.eu is offering working grants for mixed teams of African, Asian and European journalists to investigate cross-border illicit financial flows, tax abuse and corruption in Africa, Asia and Europe.
Grants are awarded to journalists solely by Journalismfund.eu, with no input or oversight at any stage from the consortium as a whole.
- The total amount per call is around 50.000 euro.
- The money comes from the Dutch Nationale Postcode Loterij.
- Preferably, intercontinental journalist teams consisting of at least one African, one Asian and/or one European journalist. Each team preferably consist of journalists from two continents. Ideally, the teams must provide letters of intent for publication from media organizations in two continents.
- They also accept regional cross-border collaborations in Africa and Asia. Each team must consist of journalists from at least two countries in the two continents.
- Exceptional proposals from individual journalists in Africa and Asia whose story includes an offshore element in a national story, where the money trail leads to a tax haven can be accepted.
- European journalists planning on applying must collaborate with an African or Asian journalist.
- Foreign correspondents are also eligible to submit a proposal with local journalists.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.journalismfund.eu/money-trail-grants