The Mosaic is launching an open RFP to make $1 million of rapid response grants to individual nonprofit grassroots organizations, and networks of them, focused primarily on environmental protection and/or environmental justice to fund tools & technology, training, and related resources needed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Mosaic’s mission is to amplify the power of the environmental field—the people and organizations who devote their efforts in pursuit of environmental protection and healthy & just communities—by bolstering the critical infrastructure all movements need to succeed. This unprecedented moment punctuates the necessity for strong movement infrastructure to weather, reinforce, and allow for critical work to persist through extraordinary times.
To respond to the urgent need to reinforce tools and resources to remain effective in the near-term—while also building greater long-term results they surveyed environmental and environmental justice organizations regarding emergent infrastructure needs during this unprecedented time. They heard from all corners that the greatest needs right now include the following three areas, in order of importance:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY for remote work & communications
- Stable in-home Wi-fi connection
- Hardware (laptops & webcams) & software (video conference software & distributed work platforms)
- TRAINING for effective remote work, advocacy & connection
- Training & best practices for remote facilitation & engagement, particularly large gatherings and remote work tools
- Training for transitioning to digital organizing
- RESOURCES for adaptive organizational operations & planning
- Access to shared field-wide and/or specialized resources relevant to an organization’s operations (i.e. legal, admin, financial, HR, network or association memberships, academic journals)
Mosaic will make two types of grants:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Direct support to eligible organizations: up to $10,000 for tools & technology, training, and resources to transition to effective remote work and communications as a result of COVID-19.
- Support to eligible networks: $10,000-$50,000 for tools & technology, training, and resources for network members to transition to effective remote work and communications as a result of COVID-19. The purpose of the network support grant is to re-grant and/or directly provide infrastructure requested by network membership that aligns with the three areas of focus, including tools & technology, training, and resources for adaptation.
U.S. – based, 501(c)(3) public charities who are impacted by COVID-19 and are either:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Individual nonprofit grassroots organizations whose main purpose is environmental protection and/or environmental justice with an annual budget below $500,000 and accountable to local constituents.
- Networks that support grassroots organizations whose main purpose is environmental protection and/or environmental justice, have a distinct membership that affirmatively joins the network, and is member-led and member-driven.
For more information, visit http://mosaicmomentum.org/covid19/