The Motorola Solutions Foundation has announced its 2021 Grant Program with an aim to partner with organizations that are creating safer cities and thriving communities, and prioritizes underrepresented populations, including people of color and females.
The Motorola Solutions Foundation acts as the charitable and philanthropic arm of Motorola Solutions and focuses on giving back to the community through strategic grants, employee volunteerism and other community investment initiatives. The Foundation is one of the many ways in which the company lives out its purpose to help people be their best in the moments that matter.
In 2020, the Foundation provided more than $10 million to nonprofits worldwide through its annual grant program. The 2020 program supported nearly 200 organizations across 30 countries – benefiting more than two million students and first responders.
The grant program has three primary areas of focus:
- Technology and engineering education: Engaging students in innovative, hands-on activities, such as coding, programming, computer science and robotics to prepare the next generation of innovators.
- Public safety education: Providing resources to first responders and the communities they serve and supporting fallen first responders’ families; Investing in key policing initiatives – specifically, preparing youth for public safety careers, conducting school safety training, supporting mental wellness and providing leadership training for women and people of colour.
- Blended programs: Programs that combine both technology and engineering education and public safety education.
Within each area of focus, the grant program supports underrepresented populations, including persons of colour and females.
- Reach people of color, females and other underrepresented populations
- Engage Motorola Solutions employees
- Leverage robust partnerships with other nonprofit organizations and institutions
- Support organizations that exhibit strong financial health
- Support organizations with a proven evaluation process, including quantifiable metrics and outcomes
Technology & Engineering Education
- Engage students in innovative, hands-on technology and engineering activities, such as design, coding and robotics
- Provide vocational skills, scholarships, certifications and workforce placement opportunities in engineering, information technology and data science
- Equip teachers with the skills and training necessary to enhance instruction in technology and engineering
- Prioritize middle school, high school and university programs
First Responder* Programming
*The term First Responders includes: law enforcement personnel, firefighters, EMT, healthcare professionals and veterans.
- Provide leadership development and training opportunities for underrepresented first responders, including females and people of color
- Provide mental wellness and stress management trainings for first responders and their families
- Provide wellness and scholarship support to families of fallen first responders
- Prepare youth and young adults for careers in public safety through outreach, scholarship and educational programs
- Offer safety preparedness and response training to schools, adults, students and first responders
- Lead safety and disaster preparedness trainings for the public
- Grant Request Maximum: $50,000.
With employees located around the globe, Motorola Solutions seeks to benefit the communities where it operates, and the Motorola Solutions Foundation prioritizes programs in these communities as well. The Foundation also prioritizes giving to universities from which Motorola Solutions recruits.
Want to learn more about the programme? Read the mentioned link below:
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2VsRdK1