Deadline: 15 June 2017
The Medical Research Council (MRC), in partnership with the Department for International Development (DFID), National Institutes of Health Research (NIHR), are currently seeking applications for its programme to provide the research evidence needed to effect real and practical changes to improve adolescent health in Low and Middle Income Countries.
Areas of particular research interest include:
- Life course approaches to mental health including issues such as substance misuse, violence prevention and suicide
- Life course approaches to NCD risk factors including tobacco, alcohol and diet/nutrition
- Addressing maternal, neonatal and child health challenges by improving health at the preconception phase including early pregnancy and parenthood, accessing contraception, and safe abortion
- Injuries (for example road traffic accidents), violence and disability
- Migrant populations/Adolescents affected by war
- Sexual and reproductive health including prevention and management of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections
- Other communicable diseases in adolescent populations
- This programme allows academics from developing and developed countries to work together in partnerships that build on existing relationships or represent the development of a new collaborative relationship.
- The intellectual challenge should be the determining factor when configuring appropriate partnerships and collaborations. Proposals must demonstrate meaningful quality collaborations or partnerships, demonstrated through clear leadership roles across the proposed partnership, and balance and proportionality in partners’ roles, responsibilities and costs.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Least Developed Countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Lao people’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia
Lower Middle Income Countries and Territories: Armenia, Bolivia, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, El Salvador, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua new Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, Samoa, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tokelau, Ukraine, Viet Nam, West Bank and Gaza Strip.
Upper Middle Income Countries: Albania, Algeria, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Fiji, Macedonia, Gabon, Grenada, Iran, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Panama, Peru, Saint Helena, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Serbia, Seychelles, South Africa, Suriname, Thailand, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uruguay, Venezuela, Wallis and Futuna.
For more information, please visit MRC-DFID-NIHR.