Deadline: 11 April 2017
The Medical Research Council (MRC), in partnership with the Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases (GACD) is currently seeking applications for its program “Prevention and Management of Mental Disorders” to prevent and/or manage mental health disorders in low- and middle-income countries (LMIC)as defined by The World Bank.
The call will focus on implementation research proposals on child, adolescent and adult age onset mental disorders including, but not limited to, dementia, depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disorders, alcohol- and drug-use disorders, etc., in low- and middle-income countries (LMIC).
The GACD aims to develop a global network of researchers that can enhance the cumulative learning across the individual projects, and work towards understanding how socio-economic, cultural, geopolitical and policy contexts have influenced results and how findings might be adapted and applied in different settings.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Proposals must address one of, or a combination of the following items:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Structural interventions or evidence based policies designed to equitably improve mental health outcomes.
- Early case detection and other secondary or tertiary prevention strategies as well as modalities of treatment, care and access to care which are amenable to scale-up.
- Strategies and approaches to empower and engage patients, formal and informal care-givers in patient treatment and care.
- Exploring the scale-up of family/community engagement in patient treatment and care.
The MRC will invest up to £2m for this initiative. This amount is expected to fund several awards.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Entities based in LMICs are eligible to apply.
- Multidisciplinary team members have established a high quality track record in related fields of proposed research and pertinent to implementation science and they have the right balance of expertise given goal(s) of the research project.
- Evidence that the research is jointly managed by researchers from high-income countries and LMICs where applicable.
- Early career investigators are part of the team and strong training plan for research capacity-building is included.
- Evidence that stakeholders such as decision-makers and service delivery partners have been actively involved in the research process including the selection and adaptation of the intervention if applicable and the research design.
- Demonstrable engagement with the public and/or patient and community groups or other relevant stakeholder groups.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Albania, Fiji, Namibia, Algeria, Gabon, Palau, American Samoa, Grenada, Panama, Angola, Iran, Paraguay, Azerbaijan, Iraq, Peru, Belarus, Jamaica, Romania, Belize, Jordan, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kazakhstan, South Africa, Botswana, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Brazil, Libya, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Suriname, China, Malaysia, Thailand, Colombia, Maldives, Tonga, Costa Rica, Marshall Islands, Tunisia, Cuba, Mauritius, Turkey, Dominica, Mexico, Turkmenistan, Dominican Republic, Mongolia, Tuvalu, Ecuador, Montenegro.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit MRC-GACD.