Deadline: 30 April 2020
MyGov has launched the COVID-19 Solution Challenge on its platform which has seen a very encouraging response from Startups, Entrepreneurs and individuals proposing technology solutions in the field Bioinformatics, datasets, Apps for diagnosis etc that can be leveraged for strengthening the fight against Corona.
In order to support and promote women entrepreneurs and women led startups as also solutions by entrepreneurs impacting a large number of women, UN Women has proposed to partner with MyGov COVID-19 Solution Challenge and accordingly MyGov launches COVID-19 Shri Shakti Challenge as an additional reward and support for women entrepreneurs and solutions by entrepreneurs impacting a large number of women.
A total prize money of INR 22,50,000 has been committed by UN Women towards COVID-19 Shri Shakti Challenge, under their program WeEmpowerAsia, supported by the European Union.
First Stage: Ideation Stage
At the Ideation Stage, 10 entrepreneurs will be selected based on the following parameters:
- Relevance to the subject matter
- Impact on society i.e. how helpful is the solution in combating the current crisis
The selected entrepreneurs will be given a grant of INR 75,000 each to develop the POC of their idea. Mentors will also be assigned to the entrepreneurs to help develop the idea.
Second Stage: POC Stage
Based on the POC, the solutions submitted will again be evaluated on the following parameters:
- Ease of deployment/roll-out
- Potential risks involved in implementation of the solution
Based on the evaluation, 3 entries will be selected for a reward of INR 5,00, 000 each for top 3 solutions for final development and rollout.
MyGov will constitute a committee to evaluate the entries for the COVID-19 Shri Shakti Challenge and select the winners. The winners will also be eligible for the prizes to be given as part of COVID-19 Solution challenge, if selected.
- Applicants who want to participate in COVID 19 Solution Challenge can be individuals or Startups that comply with the definition of startup as notified by DPIIT vide order no G.S.R. 127(E) dated 19th February 2019.
- For the product to be developed as part of COVID 19 Solution Challenge, if any IPR/Patent is being used, contesting entity must possess the legitimate rights to use the IPR/Patents.
Terms and Conditions
- Only Women Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneurs with solutions impacting a large number of women will be eligible for the Prizes sponsored by the UN Women. In case of a tie-on scores, women entrepreneurs of startups led by women will get preference.
- The Participants should be Citizens of India.
- Only Organizations or Entities registered in India would be eligible for COVID-19 Shri Shakti Challenge.
For more information, visit https://innovate.mygov.in/shrishakti/#tab1