The Netherland-America Foundation (NAF) is looking to fund exhibitions and performances for artists, promoting a high level of artistic and intellectual exchange between the United States and the Netherlands. Both emerging artists and established organizations are welcome to apply.
What types of projects do you fund?
- They fund innovative cultural and artistic programs in the Netherlands and the United States that fit within the mission of the NAF, with a particular focus on cultural exchange between these two countries. The NAF’s mission is to strengthen the bonds between the United States and the Netherlands through exchange in the arts, sciences, education, business and/or public affairs.
- The NAF has funded music and dance performances, theater, exhibitions, lectures, published works, and more. To find out more visit Past Grant Recipients to read about recent projects funded by the NAF.
- Must be the work of a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or the Netherlands
- Must have a U.S. or Netherlands-based nonprofit organization as sponsor, organizer or affiliation
- Must be before or in the formative stage of the project and not have been completed at the time of the grant application
- Must be open to the public and reach a wide public audience
- Must include copies of contractual agreements if relevant
- In reviewing applications the Committee is guided by the following criteria:
- Proposal completeness and feasibility
- Artistic/cultural excellence
- Relationship to the cultural interests of the Netherlands and the U.S.
- Impact in relation to the NAF mission
- Confirmation of venues and other concrete details
- Record of professional activity
- Project’s significance as it relates to the applicant’s professional development
- Evidence of artistic and financial support from other sources for the project.
For more information, visit Cultural Programs.